Telephone guidance is a supplement to the guidance that can be found on our website.
You can call us for
- general questions about travel or trade
- information about bringing goods in and out of Australia
- if you have received a ‘First Notice’ from Australia Post about a parcel
- if you have received a seizure notice from us
If your query is about cargo support, including cargo clearance and Integrated Cargo System issues please see Contact Cargo Systems support.
What we can't help you with
- migration advice
- visa eligibility advice
- the status of your visa application
Every day 15,000 people call us for guidance. We aim to answer enquiries quickly and efficiently.
From within Australia
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm AEST (or AWST for clients in Western Australia)
Be aware that Mondays are our peak days for calls and you may need to wait longer to speak to an operator.
Call the Department of Home Affairs on 131 881