Departures SmartGates are at the below Australian international airports:
- Gold Coast
People of any nationality can use SmartGates. You must also:
- have an ePassport or other machine-readable passport
- be able to follow the instructions without help.
If your children need help to follow the instructions, please do not use the SmartGates. Families with babies or small children will be checked by an Australian Border Force officer.
If travelling on a domestic leg of an international flight and your ticket has an orange ‘D’ sticker you will need to use manual processing.
If you or your children need help to follow the instructions, please do not use the SmartGates.
Australian Border Force officers will check through families with babies or small children, or people who need assistance.
How to use SmartGates
- Place your passport into the passport reader
- Collect your passport when the passport reader returns it
- Step into the departures SmartGate
- Look at the camera while it takes your photograph
- The gates will open. Exit with your bags
If the departures SmartGates does not work for you, you will be checked by an Australian Border Force officer.