Moving to Australia

​If you want to move to Australia, and you are not an Australian citizen, you will need to get a valid Australian visa.

The type of visa that is right for you depends on:

  • How long you intend to stay in Australia
  • What you want to do in Australia

Find out more about:

Sending your belongings to Australia

When moving to Australia, you can send your unaccompanied belongings to Australia by air, sea cargo or by international mail (post).

Unaccompanied items can include:

  • Household items
  • Personal items

See Unaccompanied personal effects

Temporary importations

Temporary importations are items brought into Australia on a temporary basis (for up to 12 months). You do not have to pay duty or taxes on temporary importations.

See Temporary importations