Live animals and pets
Not all live animals and reproductive materials are permitted to be imported into Australia; the pest or disease risks associated with their importation may be considered too great.
The links below provide the import conditions and quarantine requirements for pet animals that currently can be imported into Australia.
- Birds – Selected species from New Zealand only
- Cats – import via approved countries only
- Dogs – import via approved countries only
- Horses – approved countries only
- Rabbits – New Zealand only
For more information, go to http://www.agriculture.gov.au/import/goods/live-animals