Paying an employer or sponsor infringement notice
You may have been issued with an Infringement Notice if you are found to be in contravention of a civil penalty provisions or failed to satisfy the obligations contained in the sponsorship compliance framework under the
Migration Act 1958.
Employer Infringement Notice
- allowing an unlawful non-citizen to work (s245AB)
- allowing a lawful non-citizen to work in breach of a work-related condition (s245AC)
- referring an unlawful non-citizen for work (s245AE)
- referring a lawful non-citizen for work in breach of a work-related condition (s245AEA).
Sponsor Monitoring Infringement Notice
- failing to satisfy sponsorship obligations (s140Q)
- failing to provide name and address to an Inspector when required (s140XE)
- failing to provide records or documents to an Inspector when required (s140XF)
- asking for, or receiving, a benefit from another person in return for the occurrence of a sponsorship-related event (s245AR) and
- offering to provide, or providing, a benefit to another person in return for the occurrence of a sponsorship-related event.
The payment options available are dependent on the infringement type and are listed at the bottom of the first page of the invoice.
There can be a delay of up to five minutes after invoice creation before it is available for payment.
To pay an infringement notice you can use BPAY or the Westpac online payment facility. If you are unable to pay using these methods, you can contact the officer whose name appears at the bottom of the infringement notice.
You can use the Biller code and Customer reference number listed at the bottom of your Infringement Payment Advice to pay through the BPAY electronic bill payment system.
Westpac online payment facility
Westpac online payment facility is a secure and convenient way to pay your Notice of Assessment or Payment Advice. The Department accepts Visa and Mastercard payments for these invoice types.
Guidance on how to use the payment facility is available, see Westpac online payment facility - making a single payment.
Note, this payment option will incur a surchage fee for credit or debit card payments. The surcharge fee is displayed before the payment is finalised.