Australian Border Force – One job, multiple careers
Working for the Australian Border Force (ABF) can give you the opportunity to work across the country or internationally. You will be on the front line protecting Australia’s border, whether it be:
- processing passengers at an air or seaport
- clearing cargo at an air or sea port
- clearing mail at a clearance centre
- patrolling the Australian coastline in an ABF vessel
- working at a district office
- investigating illegal border activity
- working at a detention centre
- locating and detaining unlawful non-citizens.
The ABF is committed to building and valuing a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve. We foster inclusiveness, and embrace the diversity of our people. We strive to ensure all our staff feel included, have equal access to services and opportunities and can bring their authentic selves to work.
As part of Australia’s law enforcement network, we maintain a strong integrity framework. Our staff must show the highest level of professional standards in their professional and private lives. This safeguards organisational integrity and security. We have a stringent assessment process that aligns with our Employee Suitability Screening for all applicants seeking to join the ABF.
Entry Level Recruitment: Border Force Officer Recruit
We typically advertise Border Force Officer Recruit positions twice a year, this can change due to operational priorities. For eligibility requirements and how to apply visit the
Border Force Officer Recruit page.