Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS)

Ensure you are at the TRS facility early to make your claim as queues can be long.

You can claim a refund of the goods and services tax (GST) and wine equalisation tax (WET) that you pay on goods you buy in Australia. As you leave the country, you must wear or carry the goods as hand luggage with you, unless the goods are oversized goods or liquids, aerosols and gels restricted to hold luggage for security reasons.

Operating air and sea crew are not eligible to claim a refund.

Tourist refund scheme logo

If you are calling the Tourist Refund Office (TRO) from outside Australia

Call: +61 2 6245 5499.

Otherwise, you can contact us by:

Telephone: 1300 555 043
Email: trs@abf.gov.au